Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Monday, December 20, 2010

Nail polish "mini-haul"

I don't really want to call this a haul because it isn't really a full-sized haul, so I guess its a mini one...?

Anyways so this mini-haul includes stuff I got on Saturday (12/18) and today.

On Saturday, I picked up eight Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Nail Polishes at CVS. Maybe I should say four, because they were sold in pairs: one nail lacquer and one Diamond Shine base and top coat. They were $4.99 per pair AND all Sally Hansen nail products were "buy one, get one half off," so OF COURSE I couldn't resist getting a few.

I ended up getting Flawless, Nude Shimmer, Antique Bronze, Royal Romance, and four Diamond Shine base/top coats.

From Left: Flawless, Royal Romance, Nude Shimmer, Antique Bronze

You know, I just noticed Nude Shimmer doesn't have a little rhinestone thing. Hmm. That bugs me.


4 bottles of Diamond Shine Base and Top Coat


Today I picked up another nail polish from OPI's Burlesque collection. I got Simmer and Shimmer.


OPI Simmer and Shimmer

OPI Simmer and Shimmer close up

I already had Show It and Glow It! from the Burlesque Collection, so I decided to put it with Simmer and Shimmer:

OPI Simmer and Shimmer with OPI Show It and Glow It!
Oooohhh....sparkly OPI-Burlesque happiness...


OPI Simmer and Shimmer really reminded me of OPI Absolutely Alice from the Alice In Wonderland collection. Unfortunately, I never got Absolutely Alice, but now I guess I have something similar :)

So Absolutely Alice is overall more blue than Simmer and Shimmer. Absolutely Alice looks like it only has blue and gold glitter while Simmer and Shimmer has...well I want to say glitter of every color.
Here is a comparison:
http://happyberrynaiad.blogspot.com/2010/10/opi-simmer-shimmer-vs-opi-absolutely.html


Have you checked out the Burlesque by OPI collection? Are you lemming the whole collection like me?

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength nail polishes are available for about $5 at drugstores.
Sally Hansen Diamond Shine Base and Top Coat is available for about $7 at drugstores.
OPI nail polishes are available for about $8.50 at select stores and salons.


Swatches and reviews to come soon!


Smile for pretty nail polishes!
<3 Ruthe

0 comments:

Post a Comment