Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Drugstore Makeup Haul

Yay the weather has been amazing and sunny and nice!! Finally! :D

So yesterday I spent the ENTIRE day shopping! It was quite awesome :D. And tiring. But mostly awesome ;) I got some clothes, shoes, skin care stuff, nail care stuff, and OF COURSE, makeup!!

I got four Revlon nail polishes, a Revlon mascara, a Revlon eyeshadow (it came with the mascara), a Rimmel mascara, a Rimmel eyeliner, and two Liplicious lip glosses. I also included a Buxom lip gloss that I got two days ago (on Sunday).


Revlon polishes:


Grape Icy (left) and Bubble Gum (right)
As you can see on the label, these nail polishes are "scented when dry." This isn't why I bought these two polishes, but it did crack me up a bit. Like seriously?? SCENTED nail polish?? So obviously when I got home I just swiped a bit of each color on a piece of paper and when they were dry, they actually were scented! Obviously, Grape Icy smelled like grape and Bubble Gum smelled like bubble gum, thought it was more like *fruity* grape and *fruity* bubblegum, if that makes any sense at all...The scent is actually kind of strong, but I'm pretty sure I won't smell it anyways when I do my nails because the smell of the top coat will cover the scents. Oh well.

Star (left) and Galaxy (right)

Aren't these FREAKIN AWESOME?!?? I saw them and freaked out a little bit. I would have freaked out a lot but then everyone else in the store would have stared at me....hehe. Anyways so Star and Galaxy may sorta look like the same thing, but Star is has more silver microglitter while Galaxy has more holographic microglitter. Both have black microglitter as well as the amazing hexagon-shaped holo glitter that makes me go absolutely gaga for them!! :D


Other stuff:


Revlon Grow Luscious mascara in Blackest Black and Revlon Luxorious Color perle eyeshadow in Lilac Shimmer

Rimmel The Max Volume Flash mascara in Black and Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner in Jet Black

I have tried Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliners in the past; they're alright. They go on pretty smoothly, but they smudge quite easily. I like them, though, so I got another one.


Liplicious lip glosses in Orange Kiss (above) and Blue Colada (below)


And this is the Buxom lip gloss I got on Sunday:

Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish in Dolly
Dolly actually looks, well, kind of ugly in the tube. Like a dead, old *mauve-ish* pink. I never thought I would actually like it until I actually tried it on. SO PRETTY!! :D

I absolutely LOVE Buxom lip glosses!! They're pretty, smooth, and absolutely amazing!! I usually try to avoid lip plumpers (I didn't know Buxom glosses were lip plumping until after I bought my first one :P) but these are wonderfully tingly and, truthfully, I don't notice any lip plumping. Like all lip glosses, Buxom glosses obviously make my lips look fuller and smoother, but I don't think my lips look any *plumper*.

My first Buxom gloss was Krystal, which I got in June of 2010. I don't really know why I bought a clear gloss, but I'm glad I did; Krystal is awesome! My second Buxom gloss was Sugar, which I got last month (December of 2010).

Here are all of my Buxom glosses:


From left: Dolly, Sugar, Krystal

Swatches/reviews to come!


Have you tried any of the products from this haul? How do you like them?

Revlon nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $5.
Revlon Grow Luscious mascara is available at drugstores for about $9.
Revlon Luxorious Color eyeshadows are available at drugstores for about $5.
Rimmel The Max Volume Flash mascara is available at drugstores for about $7.
Rimmel Soft Kohl Kajal eyeliner is available at drugstores for about $4.
Liplicious lip glosses are available at Bath and Body Works for about $7.
Buxom Big and Healthy lip glosses are available at Sephora for $18.


Little thing to smile for today: pretty makeup and awesome nail polish!!
<3 Ruthe

0 comments:

Post a Comment