Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Sunday, January 23, 2011

(Mostly) Nail polish haul :D

*Deep breath*. Hi, my name is Ruthe and I am a shopaholic.

Yes, I did it again. I went shopping and impulsively bought a bunch of nail polish. Again. Eh, what's new :P.

So I got a bunch of drugstore nail polishes as well as some Zoya nail polishes that came in the mail yesterday (first order from Zoya.com! :D). I also got a mascara and eyeliner (it came with the mascara; love it when companies do that! :D)

This is random, but I think I'm in a really strong *blue phase*. Of course, I always love blue stuff because my favorite color is blue/teal/turquoise (any of those colors, lol ;P), but I think I've been really obsessive about blue makeup lately. Anways, back to the haul...


Drugstore stuff:


From left: Scherer Chameleon Blue Sky, Sinful Colors Love Bite, Sinful Colors See You Soon

Blue Sky is a really pretty blue-turquoise duochrome. I've heard some bad reviews about the formula of this polish, but it was so pretty I couldn't pass it up! I'm also really excited about the Sinful Colors polishes; these are my first! I've heard really good things about Sinful Colors, so I totally can't wait to try them out!


Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Jumpin' Jade
Just saying, why would they name this color *jade*?? When I think of jade, this isn't the color that comes to mind...


Sally Hansen Color Quick nail color pen in Gold Chrome
Decided to try one of these things out. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that I'm gonna regret buying this...

Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara in Blackest Black and Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Teal

Now for the Zoya polishes (*eeeeeee!!!*) <(squealing in excitement!!!):


From left: Zoya Charla, Zoya Isla, Zoya Nidhi
Oh my effing GAWD!!!!!!! ('scuse my French :P) I freakin LOVE these!! I mean seriously, do you see the amazing glitter in Charla and Nidhi?!? And Isla is just SUCH a pretty red! I know a lot of people think reds are either too boring/old or too flashy, but I LOVE them!! Reds are my go-to polish color :D! Oh yeah, and I know I'm really late joining the mermaid-blue polish trend from 2010 (with Zoya Charla, OPI Catch Me In Your Net, and Orly Halley's Comet). (See a great comparison here: http://www.all-you-desire.com/2010/08/orly-halleys-comet-vs-opi-catch-me-in.html)

I really love Zoya polishes, but I seriously HATE their website/customer service! First of all, these three beauties took 18 DAYS to get here!! That is seriously ridiculous!! It doesn't take 18 DAYS for three bottles of nail polish to ship from Ohio to California! I don't know if this is normal for Zoya orders or if there was a problem with my order or something (if there was, they should have at least notified me!) but it seriously pissed me off. And then when I tried to contact them using the *Live Chat* feature on their website (I would have emailed them, but they didn't even have a customer service email listed online!) it said that they were *offline* and to leave a message. So I did try to leave a message, but then the website just glitched on me! The website also glitched on me about 10 times when I was actually placing my order 2 weeks ago! Ugh, so stupid :(. I'm SO gonna stick with buying Zoya polishes in stores from now on, like I did with my first Zoya.



Have you ordered from Zoya.com? Did you have trouble with your order too?

Scherer Chameleon polishes are available at drugstores for about $3.
Sinful Colors nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $2.
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $5.
Sally Hansen Color Quick nail color pens are available at drugstores for about $9.
Revlon 3D Extreme mascara is available at drugstores for about $10.
Zoya nail polishes are available for about $7 at zoya.com and in select stores.


Little thing to smile for today: pretty pretty pretty polishes!! :D
<3 Ruthe

0 comments:

Post a Comment