Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Drugstore lip product haul/review

I had another shopaholic moment last week in CVS (couldn't post it until now). *Sigh* what's new? Lol :P.

So I got a Revlon lipstick, a Rimmel lipstick, three Rimmel lip glosses, and a instant polish remover thing I thought I'd try out. I'm really starting to get interested in Rimmel products. I first fell in love with their Stay Matte Pressed Powder and now I'm exploring their other products. Also I just love the packaging for all their makeup! Cute, yet not overly so. Unfortunately, Rimmel's cute packaging doesn't establish how well their products work. So far, I've only tried out the Rimmel lip glosses; I'll tell you how those went later...


The stuff I haven't tried yet:


CVS Brand instant polish remover

CVS Brand instant polish remover open

CVS Brand instant polish remover with "dabber"

I thought this was just so cool/useful/convenient that I just had to try it out! I was totally looking for some type of convenient nail polish remover to carry around during the day and here it is! I'll tell you how well it works when I actually use it :).


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Spiced Brandy

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in Heather Shimmer

 Here's the stuff that I did try out:


Rimmel Kiss & Stay Lipgloss in Lustrous Nude (left) and Old Flame (right)

I was really excited about these two since they looked so pretty in the tube, but after trying them out, I'm really disappointed.

So you're supposed to use the *base coat* (pigmented color side) first and then put the *top coat* (shimmery sheer side) on top of it (duh). A random little observation: when it's in the tube, the base coat smells quite similar to the sweet *vanilla-y, cake-y* smell of MAC Lipglasses. Yum :). Anyways, the base coat is pretty pigmented and is really smooth and *spreadable* when first put on, but after a minute or so, it turns really thick and sticky and gross. I guess this is what makes it really long-wearing, but it feels totally gross. After putting on the base coat, I thought that the top coat might make it more smooth and *comfortable*. It didn't. The top coat was equally thick and sticky, but unlike the base coat, it wasn't all nice and smooth when first put on. Also the brush was terrible at spreading the product around. (The base coat has a doe-foot applicator and the top coat has a brush applicator.) So disappointing :(.


And the other lip gloss:


Rimmel Royal Gloss in Berry Crush

After trying the Kiss & Stay glosses, this lip gloss was a welcome relief. It's much thinner than the Kiss & Stay glosses (I prefer glosses with thinner viscosities even if they don't stay as long) and a pretty shimmery pink color. The only thing I have against this gloss is the smell: it's a wierd funky fruity-ish smell, but I can deal with it. Oh and BTW, the color in the picture is really inaccurate; the real color is more cool-toned and purple. My camera is so stupid.


Though the Kiss & Stay glosses were a huge disappointment, they definitely haven't discouraged me from trying out other Rimmel products. Can't wait to try out the other stuff from this haul! :D


Have you tried any Rimmel lip glosses? Do you like Rimmel products in general?

CVS Brand Instant Polish Remover is available at CVS for about $3.
Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick is available at drugstores for about $8.
Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick is available at drugstores for about $5.
Rimmel Kiss & Stay lip gloss is available at drugstores for about $8.
Rimmel Royal Gloss lip gloss is available at drugstores for about $6.


Smile for shopaholic moments! :D
<3 Ruthe

0 comments:

Post a Comment