Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NYC Spring Street

My nails have been too calm! I had to go back to bright, flashy nails with NYC Spring Street:


NYC Spring Street, outdoor, shade
This color was ridiculously hard to capture outside. The sun just made the color look washed out. The shade was better, but it made Spring Street look way more red than it is. Nevertheless, I felt like I should include an outdoor picture.


Indoor, natural light

Indoor, natural light
This last picture is the most color-accurate. I included a bunch of pictures because I'm trying to show how the polish can look different in certain lights. Oh yeah, and ignore the bubbles on my index and middle fingers. Top coat problems...


NYC In A New York Color Minute Spring Street is a bright medium orange creme. Application was amazing, really smooth and even, and the dry time was great. Opaque at two coats, even though I should have done three to get rid of the VNL.

I absolutely love NYC In a New York Color Minute polishes. Not only are they only two bucks, the formula is great, there's a nice variety of colors, and the brush is awesome!! I didn't even have to do any clean up on this manicure because of the amazing brush! NYC really has some great nail polishes for amazing prices. Go check them out!!

I'm not really sure if orange nail polishes look good on me. I really love them in the bottle, but I'm not really sure whether or not I like how they look on me. I went through an orange/coral phase last summer, during which I bought a bunch of nail polishes of said colors. I actually didn't buy Spring Street last summer, though; I bought it last year in October on the night that the Giants won the World Series (Yeah GIANTS!!! :D). Right after they won, I rushed out and bought this polish and 10 Professional Nail Lacquer The Little Black Dress so I could do orange and black nails ;D (Giants' colors!).


How do you feel about orange nail polish? Awesome, or too bright for nails?

NYC In a New York Color Minute nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $2.


Little thing to smile for today: going back to bright nails!! :D
<3 Ruthe

(P.S. The weather is back to being amazing and sunny!! :DD I'm probably going to go on a hike/picnic later with some friends ;D)

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing on you! I need this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tammy
    For only 2 bucks, yes, you TOTALLY need this! ;D Also I think it would probably look better on you since you're a bit paler than me. (I'm totally jealous of how great orange looks on you!)

    ReplyDelete