Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Monday, February 7, 2011

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Precious Peach

Heyy peeps :)

Once again, today is sunny and happy-weathery and, if you didn't notice yet, I'm in a happyyy mood :D Except I was pretty short-tempered and bitchy with my friends today for some wierd reason...so I apologize, LD, NM, SK, and BP :(. I'll try to control my attitude next time :).


Since the weather has been so nice, I picked a happy summery color to do my nails last night. Love the color, but I had some problems with the application. More on that later.

Oh and BTW, I have some pretty gross little cut things on my third finger (I have no idea how I got them...) so I put on some virtual band-aids to spare your eyes :).

Also the manicure itself is kinda messed up because my bottle of top coat is getting all funky and weird. I really need to get nail polish thinner...does anyone have any recommendations? ;D

Sally Hansen Precious Peach:







Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Precious Peach is a peachy orange with lots of gold shimmer. You can really see how the gold shimmer comes out in the light. My camera just couldn't capture the color of the polish. In the pictures, Precious Peach looks more like Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Sunrise, Sunset (another one of my favorite summer polishes :D!). In real life, Precious Peach is lighter, much less orange, and less bright than in the pictures. This polish was SO sheer; this is four coats, and there's STILL VNL (visible nail line)! I figured that doing any more coats wouldn't help that much with the coverage and would make the drying time hell, so I stopped at four coats. I usually really like Diamond Strength nail polishes, as mentioned in earlier posts, but this one really was a disappointment.


What do you think about this color? Is it pretty enough for you to overlook the thin formula?

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $5.


Little thing to smile for today: amazing Californian summery-polish-inducing weather! :D (BTW, how is the weather in other states/countries? I'm curious :P)
<3 Ruthe

4 comments:

  1. i got mine at the dollar store

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I'm about to swap with a lady on a makeup exchange blog and was wondering about the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete