Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Simple blue addition to Precious Peach

First of all, have you guys seen the Google doodle today? IT'S TOTALLY AWESOME!! :DD I was SO freaking excited about it when I first saw it today! (*Hint*: you can MOVE it!!) The Google doodle is celebrating Jules Verne's birthday; he "pioneered the science-fiction genre," according to Wikipedia, and was the author of several well-known books such as Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea, A Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Around the World in Eighty Days. Go check it out if you haven't already! Like, RIGHT NOW!!


So I was already getting bored with my Sally Hansen DS Precious Peach manicure from yesterday so I decided to spice it up with some simple nail art:






Again, my finger has a gross little cuts on them, so I spared your eyes with virtual band-aids. And again, Precious Peach isn't as orange as shown in the pictures. And my hands aren't wierdly, sickly yellow-toned like they are in the pictures...


So I had Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Precious Peach as the base (from yesterday) and added a *diagonal half-nail-triangle-thing* (great description, huh?) with Sinful Colors See You Soon

Here a random little *factoid* (haha, love that nerd word :P!): My mom designs jewelry as a hobby (I may be biased, but I think she's pretty great at it ;D), and I actually got the inspiration for this combination of orange and blue from one of her many necklace designs:



It's not exactly the same colors, but hey, close enough :P.


Today was still sunny, but it was also freezingly windy :(. I hope the great 70-degree weather comes back soon.


Do you like the combination of blue and orange? And what do you call that *diagonal half-nail-triangle-thing*??

Sally Hansen Diamond Strength nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $5.
Sinful Colors nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $2.


Little thing to smile for today: the combination of complimentary colors! :D (hmm...so I did learn something from art class...:P)
<3 Ruthe

0 comments:

Post a Comment