Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sinful Colors Love Bite

My first manicure with a Sinful Colors polish! I am totally lovin' the formula. The color, not so much. More on that later. Here's Sinful Colors Love Bite:


Sinful Colors Love Bite, indoor, natural light

Sinful Colors Love Bite, outdoor, indirect sun

Sinful Colors Love Bite, outdoor, flash

Most of the time, this polish just looks black, like in the first picture. You only see the pretty glitter in direct light or sunlight. And just an FYI, the *glossiness* is due to the top coat; Love Bite doesn't dry that shiny.

Sinful Colors Love Bite is a black creme with teal microglitter. As mentioned, the glitter is only visible when you look closely. Application was great; completely opaque in two coats. Dry time was ok. Not great but not incredibly horrible.

I was expecting more out of this polish. First, however, I must point out that I don't like black nail polish. I LOVE almost-blacks (IDK why some people don't...almost-blacks are fabulous!) and other dark colors, but not black. I don't know why, but I just don't. That being said, I was hoping that the glitter would be more obvious in this polish, like in the flash picture (Love Bite never looks like it is in the flash picture; I just included it to show off the glitter). The microglitter looks absolutely gorgeous in the bottle: teal in most lights, but blue, purple, or even gold in some other lights (you can *sorta-not-really* see this in the last picture). On the nail, however, the microglitter is very discreet and looks teal in every light. I have to admit, this is a really cool/unique black polish, but I don't really like it.

Even though I don't love the color, Love Bite was a great intro to Sinful Colors polishes. With its great formula, good brush, huge color variety, and amazingly low price, Sinful Colors has won my heart.

Do you like black nail polish? How do you feel about Sinful Colors polishes?

Sinful Colors polishes are available at drugstores for about $2.


Little thing to smile for today: Sinful Colors!! :D
<3 Ruthe
(P.S. Don't forget to enter the CSN Store Giveaway! Only 4 days left! Read more here.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment