Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Another drugstore mini-haul + Swatches! :D

Yaayyy new nail polish!! :DD


Sinful Colors: from left, Love Nails, Gorgeous, Rise and Shine, and Mint Apple
I just can't resist blues. Or turquoises. Or teals. Or any blue-tinted greens.


Sally Hansen Color Quick nail color pen in Green Chrome, Rimmel Steel Grey, Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Pink Sapphire
Why is the Rimmel polish called Steel Grey?? That is SO not grey...

I did a quick, messy swatch of every color except for the nail polish pen and two of the Sinful Colors polishes (which will be in my next post):


From left: Sally Hansen Pink Sapphire, Rimmel Steel Grey, Sinful Colors Rise and Shine, Sinful Colors Mint Apple

In a different light:


Sorry for the ravaged cuticles, btw.

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Pink Sapphire: Warm medium pink with pink and silver sparkles. SO pretty :D!! Opaque in three coats, but it needed a fourth to get rid of VNL.

Rimmel Steel Grey: Purplish, greyish-brown taupe. Opaque in two smooth, easy coats. This is my first neutral nail polish! I was initially against neutral polishes, but they look so *comfortable* I just got sucked in. This is also my first Rimmel polish; I've been wanting to try them out for forever! Pretty awesome formula, okay drying time, and FAT brush. It's pretty much exactly the same as the brush in the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polishes.

Sinful Colors Rise and Shine: Deep turquoise green with subtle shimmer. REALLY pretty!! Opaque in two coats, but I did three because I messed up (see that huge lump?). Randomly, this polish dried to a satin finish. It kind of gives the shimmer a cool look, but I don't like it. It's definitely not a problem though; a top coat will add shine :).

Sinful Colors Mint Apple: Blue-leaning mint green with silver shimmer. Opaque in three coats, but I did four because I also messed up on this nail. I was never really into mint greens, but I got sucked into the mint green trend (along with the neutral trend) with this haul.

These colors are ALL SO gorgeous and I absolutely LOVE all of them!! :D


Do you like neutral polishes? How about mint greens?

Sinful Colors nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $2.
Sally Hansen Color Quick nail color pens are available at drugstores for about $9.
Rimmel nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $4.
Sally Hansen Hard As Nails nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $3.


Little thing to smile for today: great drugstore nail polishes!! :D
<3 Ruthe

0 comments:

Post a Comment