Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Friday, March 11, 2011

Rimmel Steel Grey Wear Test

Today was a terrible day. Just effing horrible. It was going okay and then everything just went downhill. Anyways...

My NOTW (Nail of the Week) was a polish from my last haul: Rimmel Steel Grey:


Rimmel Steel Grey, indoor

As described in the haul post, Rimmel Steel Grey is a slightly purplish, greyish-brown taupe and is my first neutral polish (awesome intro to neutrals!! :D). It is more grey in real life than in the picture.

This polish got me luvin' neutrals! Neutral polishes just feel so different, like almost *comfortable*, if that makes any sense. After wearing Steel Grey, however, I'm more than ready to go back to some flashier colors, but I'll definitely be sporting neutral nails more often in the future ;).

Application was AMAZING: the formula was really smooth and opaque in two coats, and the brush was absolutely AWESOME!! I mentioned in the haul post that the brush is really fat, like the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri brushes, but the Rimmel brush somehow just works amazingly!!! Also, the polish itself is really shiny and just awesome-looking!

I decided to do a wear test because this polish is supposed to last up to ten days (as claimed on the bottle). Obviously, I didn't expect it to last ten days, but I was expecting around four or five. For the wear test, I didn't use a top coat (just a basecoat and two coats of Steel Grey) and I didn't wrap my tips. The picture above shows my nails on Monday after one day of wear (I did my nails Sunday night). You can't really tell in the picture, but there's pretty significant tip wear after just one day. Here is Steel Grey after five days (today, aka Friday):


Left hand, outdoor


Right hand, outdoor

Damn!! Can you say chip-mania?!? Steel Grey started chipping on the second day and then after that, it just kept on chippin'. I felt like SUCH an abomination wearing chipped nail polish, but I knew I had to stick it out until today. And just an FYI, the outdoor pictures are pretty dead-on colorwise.

So obviously, this polish isn't what you would call *long-wearing*, but the application and brush are just so amazing I'm probably gonna overlook the poor durability. Besides, I usually get bored of my nail polish after a few days anyway :).


Have you tried Rimmel polishes before? Did you get major tip wear/chipping?

Rimmel nail polishes are available at drugstores for about $4.


Little thing to smile for today: neutral nails! :D
<3 Ruthe

2 comments:

  1. Not bad for 5 days, but it def doesn't live up to the 10 days claim. I still love the color, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tammy
    I know, isn't the color just gorgeous? As for the wear, I'm hoping it'll last longer next time with a top coat.

    ReplyDelete