Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Covergirl Luxe Lilac

Today is my best friend's birthday!! Happy birthday NM! I hope this year brings you luck, love, and happiness. I can't wait to see you when you get back from Florida because I already miss your hilariously sarcastic personality ;)! Love you!

I decided to do purple nails today because the birthday girl LOVES purple ;D. I used Covergirl Luxe Lilac, a polish I wasn't expecting much out of but ended up surprising me:







Yes, I went crazy with the nail file. And no, that's not tip wear: it's shrinkage from my top coat because I forgot to wrap my tips :(.

Covergirl Luxe Lilac is a dark, murky pinkish purple with a touch of grey. When the light hits it however, the pink shimmer comes out and makes the lilac come alive. I absolutely LOVE this effect!! It's really similar to a duochrome effect, but it's more of a *glowing* effect. This makes Luxe Lilac an absolutely gorgeous polish in my book! It's soo pretty I love it! Opaque in three coats, though I thought it was going to take more because the first coat was EXTREMELY sheer.

I'm not usually a big fan of purples, but I am SO in love with this polish! What do you think? Is this polish pretty, or just meh in your opinion?


Little thing to smile for today: BFF's birthday!! (and coordinating purple polish! :D)
<3 Ruthe

P.S. This is SO random, but doesn't this purple Inglot eyeliner look kind of exactly like Purple Luxe?? (Look at the swatches.)

2 comments:

  1. Love this color on you! And you always do you nails so beautifully. :)

    I think this color is prettier than the Inglot eyeliner! I love how it shimmers.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Aw thanks Fiona! I really appreciate the compliment :D.

    Isn't the shimmer pretty? I was just reading the Inglot eyeliner post right after I finished this post so I was like, why not put it in? LOL :P

    ReplyDelete