Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Major Haul! :D

*Warning*: Long, pic-heavy post!

Over the last few weeks while I was on hiatus, I realized something. Maybe it's due to my shopaholic-ness, but I shop A LOT when I'm under a bunch of stress. I mean, I go shopping pretty often anyways, but these last few weeks I've been shopping like CRAZY! After studying or writing parts of my paper, I would feel the urge to either do some online shopping or physically go shopping. And you all know that when Ruthe goes shopping, money magically disappears from her wallet :P. I got a lot of new shoes, clothes, and, of course, beauty stuff; now I'll stop babbling and start sharing the makeup portion my haul(s) ;).

First up is just some drugstore stuff:

Loreal Blue Marine (left) and Yellow Seahorse (right)


Personally, I think Loreal polishes are pretty great. I also love their bottles. When I saw these two beauties from the new Summer Siren collection, I knew I just HAD to get them! I bought the turquoise one for obvious reasons, but I picked up the yellow one because I'm (strangely) getting into yellows and greens (I have no idea why...). This is my first yellow nail polish and I'm excited to see how it looks! :D


Next is the Sephora stuff:

Sephora by OPI Rumba Romance


This is such a pretty bronze/gold! I knew it wouldn't look good on me, so I got it to give to a certain special friend whom I knew this would look gorgeous on.

Wait, did that sentence even make sense?? Anyways...


The Body Shop Shea Body Butter

Again, this wasn't for me. I gave this to my mom as part of her Mother's Day/birthday gift (her birthday is right after Mother's Day).


Rosebud Perfume Co. Rosebud Salve (left) and Minted Rose Lip Balm (right)

I'm currently using Rosebud Perfume Co.'s Strawberry Lip Balm and I love it! Plus, it smells amazing. I was going to buy another Strawberry balm, but I decided to try their other scents. I mean, why not? :)


Tokidoki Prisma Lip Glosses

From left: SANDy, Bullets, Burger, Rocketeer


Sorry about the super-reflective photos. The packaging is just so freakin' shiny!

I absolutely LOVE Tokidoki Prisma glosses! The first one I ever got is Samba, a sheer peachy pink. Not only are Tokidoki Prisma glosses absolutely ADORABLE, they are super smooth, last a long time, and make your lips look full and smooth. Plus, every shade is super sheer, so no matter what color you get it will basically just be clear with a little bit of tint. I know a lot of people don't like this, but I think you can never go wrong with clear lip gloss ;). Also, Prisma glosses have a yummy but not overpowering blueberry scent, and the unique paddle applicator lets you use the exact amount of gloss you need, so you don't have to waste any product.

In addition to these four, I got a set of Prisma glosses:

Tokidoki Prisma Lip Gloss Set

From left to right: Donutella, Ciao Ciao, Arleccino, Diamante, and Adios


Again, the packaging is REALLY reflective!

This set is part of Tokidoki's new summer collection and when I saw it, I KNEW I had to have it! I just couldn't resist!


Last (but definitely not least), the Cherry Culture stuff:

LA Girl Millenium (left) and Graphite (right)




LA Girl Alkaline Blue (left) and Deep Sea Mica (right)



LA Girl Metallic Olive (left) and Antique Gold (right)



LA Girl Copper Alloy (left) and Addict (right)



LA Girl Double Platinum (left) and Live On Stage (right)



LA Girl Groupie (left) and Punk (right)


These two polishes are absolutely AMAZING!! Unfortunately, my camera couldn't pick up the awesomeness :(. Not only are these two glittery, they're duochromes!! Well, Groupie is. Punk is...wait for it...a *triochrome*!! It's too awesome to just flash two colors: it flashes three!! SO awesome!! :D


LA Girl Hustle (left) and Deejay (right


These two polishes glow under black light!!! I'm SO freakin' excited to try these out! :D


Milani Jewel FX Gems


DO YOU SEE THE AMAZINGNESS?!?!?? I have been lemming this for SO long, but I couldn't find it in any stores. To be honest, this polish may have been the underlying reason for me placing a Cherry Culture order.


And the last thing is just the free Cherry Culture lip balm that comes with every order:


This lip balm isn't horrible, but it isn't that great either. It doesn't go on smoothly, it doesn't hydrate well, and it doesn't last long at all. Also, the Bubble Gum scent is really strong, even though it fades after awhile. Basically, this lip balm is exactly what you would expect a free lip balm to be like.


This was my first time placing a Cherry Culture order. I was inspired to order from Cherry Culture by the lovely ladies of Swatch and Learn, Fiona and Mary. I just couldn't stand the temptation that came from their amazing swatches/reviews of LA Girl polishes! ;)

For the most part, my first order was pretty great. My package was shipped and delivered very quickly and all of the nail polish was safely packaged and protected in two layers of bubble wrap as well as styrofoam peanuts. The only thing I wasn't satisfied with was that my bottle of Hustle was clearly ALREADY USED. Unlike the other polishes, it wasn't full (you could see empty space in the bottle) and there was dry polish caked around the bottle opening. I was SO mad I immediately contacted Customer Service. They responded very quickly and were really nice about sending me a replacement. After I found out I got a crappy bottle of nail polish, I was so angry I never wanted to order from Cherry Culture again, but Cherry Culture has completely redeemed itself in my eyes. I look forward to ordering from them again! :)


Smile for new nail polish and great customer service! :D
<3 Ruthe

4 comments:

  1. :O O. M. G., Ruthe! Nice hauls. I tend to go shopping when I'm stressed out, too. Or rather, I use stress as an excuse to justify going shopping. "Retail therapy" is just an excuse! Hahah.

    I can't wait to see your swatches and reviews of L'Oreal Blue Marine and the L.A. Girl Rock Star polishes (I think I'm going to have to get these myself. Triocrhome? *Homer Simpson drool*).

    Unfortunately for me, I don't like Milani Jewel FX (I got it in Silver). But that's only because I'm afraid of dots, and the sparkles freaked me out! Hahaha!

    I can't believe they sent you a used bottle. That's not right! Glad they fixed it though.

    Looking forward to your reviews. :)

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Thanks Fiona! Lol I totally love that term: "retail therapy"! That's going to be my argument from now on, haha ;D

    Aren't they just gorgeous?? You totally should get the Rock Star polishes, especially Punk! I'm pretty sure I had a Homer Simpson-esque face on when I was staring at them when they first came, haha :P

    I did think the Milani Jewel FX polishes in gold and silver were a little *been there, done that*, but I couldn't resist Gems after seeing a swatch a few months ago! But I totally loved that sentence:
    "That's only because I'm afraid of dots, and the sparkles freaked me out!" Lol! :D

    I was definitely crazy mad when I found out, but yes, they were really nice about fixing it.

    I can't wait to use these! And thanks for your continued support, Fiona, it means a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I just made a huge purchase at Cherry Culture and got some of those L.A. Girl polishes! Hey, it's not my fault! They had a 20% off sale!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SwatchAndLearn
    Hey Fiona!

    Yay for Cherry Culture orders! :D LOL, your order was definitely justified! Who can resist 20% off sales?? I was definitely tempted...

    Besides, summer's coming and you need some pretty new polishes to celebrate, right?? :P

    I can't wait to see what you ordered! :D

    ReplyDelete