Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Survey :)

As many of you know, today is Memorial Day in the US. Please take some time to appreciate those who have served in the military and those who are still currently in the military. These extraordinary men and women deserve respect and admiration for their courageous acts.

1. What are your Memorial Day plans? Today I worked on a outdoor painting project with a few friends and then had lunch at a local pizza place. Yum :)

2. Have you tried anything new in your beauty routine? I am switching from pressed powder to loose powder. The pressed powder was giving me too much of a *fake* look and I want to go with something more natural. Plus, I've been ignoring my kabuki brush for a little too long ;). Also I'm wearing my new Marc Jacobs Lola perfume, and it smells heavenly :D

3. What's on your perfect BBQ or grilled food plate? BBQ ribs, sweet corn, mashed potatoes, and fresh lemonade...which is not exactly what I ate today, but whatever :P

4. How's the weather out there? Eh, could be better. Summer's almost here and it's not hot yet! It's barely even warm. Today was sunny, but it was also windy and cool-ish. It's even supposed to rain later this week: AHH!!! This isn't supposed to happen in JUNE!

5. Soda, diet or regular? I'm trying to cut back on soda, but I always go with regular :). Diet = fake sugar = chemically + gross!!

6. 5 songs on your cookout/outdoor party playlist. Go!
  1. Kids by MGMT
  2. One Day by Matisyahu
  3. Kings and Queens by 30 Seconds to Mars
  4. Wretches and Kings by Linkin Park
  5. September by Earth, Wind, and Fire
7. Are you having an awesome day?! (You better be) Yes!! Relaxing and eating good food is a great way to spend a Monday :D!


Your turn! Copy, paste, and answer in the comments below:
1. What are your Memorial Day plans?
2. Have you tried anything new in your beauty routine?
3. What's on your perfect BBQ or grilled food plate?
4. How's the weather out there?
5. Soda, diet or regular?
6. 5 songs on your cookout/outdoor party playlist. Go!
7. Are you having an awesome day?! (You better be)



Little thing to smile for today: great food and great friends! :)
<3 Ruthe

4 comments:

  1. 1. What are your Memorial Day plans? Was working. Not a holiday in Canada. Bummer!
    2. Have you tried anything new in your beauty routine? Yes. The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion. I think it's working, but I gotta test it out more.
    3. What's on your perfect BBQ or grilled food plate? Do you have enough room in your comment box? *Deep breath* Chicken wings, corn on the cob, hot dogs, BBQ ribs, Oktoberfest, fish on the barbie, chili, mashed potato, cheeseburger... and a pig (me)!
    4. How's the weather out there? Bad! I'm sorry, but I hate the heat. I wish summer would just go away and never come back. Don't shoot me.
    5. Soda, diet or regular? Neither. Water, FTW. But regular if I had to.
    6. 5 songs on your cookout/outdoor party playlist. Go! Not sure if they're appropriate for a party, but my current fave songs: Adele - In the Deep, Sia Furler - I'm in Here (def. not a party song), Christina Perri - Jar of Hearts (nor this), Jeremih ft. 50 Cent - Down on Me, and Chris Brown ft. TI, Drake, Kanye West and Andre 3000 - Deuces Remix.
    7. Are you having an awesome day?! (You better be) No. My boss is crazy. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    OMG your food description just got me drooling! I'm totally craving BBQ food now!!

    If only we could swap weather conditions. It's the complete opposite of hot over here in California. Well, at least where I live. :P

    That sucks that you don't get Memorial Day off in Canada, and I'm really sorry about your boss. I find that ranting, raving, and dreaming about slashing his/her tires helps a bit. But know this: there are people in this world that take a lot of joy in knowing you and we all appreciate you. Your boss can just eff off.

    And here's just a random article I found about why it's crazy trying to satisfy your boss: http://itakeoffthemask.com/relationships/why-crazy-trying-satisfy-boss/

    I hope you have some better days this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't get me started on food, Ruthe. I'm a huge foodie! :P "Foodie" is just a nice way of saying "oinker"

    We had Victoria Day off (a week before), so don't feel too bad! Although... I wouldn't mind TWO long weekends in a row!

    You're so sweet to say that! :) And read the article. #1 is spot on. My boss doesn't know what he's doing. But I'm not going crazy trying to satisfy him; I'm going crazy because he simply IS crazy! Hahah.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SwatchAndLearn
    Lol your fellow oinker here chowing down on some chips and 5-layer dip while typing this. :P

    Ugh, I totally WISH we could have back-to-back long weekends more often! Or you know...at all.

    Well, know it's true. :) And I can see how the crazy thing works. Maybe "craziness" should be deemed a virus; then, your boss would have to be quarantined! Lol ;)

    ReplyDelete