Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rimmel Crushed Pearl on Different Hands

Remember Rimmel Crushed Pearl and how I didn't like how it looked on me? And remember how I said it would look better on someone with dark skin? (If not, read here.) Well yesterday I finally had one of my friends with darker skin try Crushed Pearl, and it looks fabulous on her! I now present the hands of my best friend, NM, with Crushed Pearl on her nails:







OMG this looks SO much better on her than me! I absolutely love how it pops and glows against her skin tone. So pretty! I only did two coats on her; I should have done three for the full *Crushed Pearl effect* and to get rid of VNL, but I wanted to take pictures while the sun was still out. That also explains why the manicure isn't the neatest thing ever. I was rushing a bit and I didn't have time to clean up her cuticles a bit. Sorry about that, NM. I'll do better next time :).


I'm so glad I found someone who can pull off this polish! I know Crushed Pearl will be cherished and used fondly in NM's hands. :)


Little thing to smile for today: giving nail polish to friends! :D
<3 Ruthe

2 comments:

  1. I think this looks nice against your friend's skin tone, but I still stand by what I said before: Crushed Pearl looks good on you, too!

    Was it hard to give someone else a manicure? It turns out awful when I try it on someone else!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Aww thanks, Fiona :)

    I think it's really difficult to give someone else a manicure! It's fun and I want to be good at it, but, like you, it always ends up looking horrible. I think it's because you're at a different angle/position when you give someone else a manicure. I guess we nail junkies are just too used to doing our own nails, LOL! ;)

    ReplyDelete