Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Monday, June 6, 2011

China Glaze Crackle over Pure Ice Celestial

Wow. So I've had a crappy day.
Don't you just hate it when you go out of you way to do something nice for someone and then you end up getting burned? Yeah. Story of my life.

Plus certain people in my life are just veering off the well-beaten path to go somewhere that I'd like to call "Do-Whatever-You-Can-To-Piss-Off-Ruthe-Town." OK maybe I DID just make that up, but whatever.

Ranting aside...

So I FINALLY got some crackle nail polishes and I'm super excited to try them out! Check out Lightning Bolt from China Glaze, a white crackle:





I'm obviously still getting used to the application of crackle polishes; I applied it too thick on my left hand. Also, I really need to work on applying it neater and closer to the cuticle. Echh the messiness of this mani embarrasses me...

I did like how the middle and ring fingers on my right hand turned out. Just the crackling, not the neatness...Also ignore the fact that both nails are mere nubbins...I broke them while painting two weekends ago *cry* :(.


I did one layer of Pure Ice Celestial (remember from this post?) and then let it dry before doing one layer of China Glaze Crackle Lightning Bolt. Because I was lazy and only did one layer of Celestial, however, there are some bald spots in the base color.

I realize this manicure is pretty wintery, but hey, it's totally suitable for the unusual weather we're been having. If you live somewhere where it's already hot and summery, I ENVY YOU. Usually around this time of the year, I too would be breaking out the shorts and sunscreen. Unfortunately, that's not the case this year. Take a look at the *beautiful* Californian summer weather:


FML. Oh warm, bright Sun, I miss you so!


Weather aside, this was my first crackle mani and I have to say, I'm hooked on crackle polishes!! :D


Little thing to smile for today: CRACKLE!! (what else?? :P)
<3 Ruthe

(P.S. And uh...sorry about the rant in the beginning ;P.)

4 comments:

  1. I hate crappy days, but I hope it won't get you down too much! Keep smilin', right? -> :D

    I haven't gotten into the crackle trend yet. I think it's interesting to see on other people's nails, but not on mine. That said: I'm loving the contrast of white and blue on this manicure. So pretty!

    Don't feel bad about the weather. We had lots of sun this afternoon (not trying to make you jealous), and then WHAM came the hail storm. So... could've been worse?

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    I've had a few too many crappy days lately, but today totally made up for it :).

    I'm love seeing crackle on other people's nails too, and I totally thought I would love it on mine. Don't get me wrong, I loved it for a few days; after that, it just reminds me of dried, cracked paint/white-out. Eww. And thanks, blue and white do look pretty together, don't they? :)

    That's really funny about the weather; after Monday it started clearing up and it's been sunny ever since! Sorry about the hail...I guess we passed the bad weather on to you guys up in Canada...sorry about that :P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the white crackle on you. I tried the OPI white crackle it looked like dried sour cream, blech! Hope you're having better days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tammy
    Thanks Tammy! :D My days are getting better; after finals are over on Wednesday I'm sure my days will improve A LOT! ;)

    The white crackle is definitely interesting. I have a love-hate relationship with it at the current moment. Sometimes it's really cool; other times it looks like old paint. Or even dried sour cream, Lol :P

    ReplyDelete