Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Thursday, June 16, 2011

LA Girl Groupie

Hello dear readers! I present to you LA Girl Groupie, which was on my nails the first part of this week. Again, I'm late putting up this post as my last few finals were Monday-Wednesday. But, it's all over now and today is my official first day of summer! :D



LA Girl Groupie is a dark purple filled with microglitter. In most lights, the purple is very blue-leaning, but in some lower lights it shines pink. Groupie is one of LA Girl's Rockstar polishes. Though this polish had some seriously pretty sparkle, unfortunately the gorgeous duochrome effect in the bottle (see near the bottom?) doesn't show up on the nail. Well, it does sometimes but then it's still really really minor and you have to look pretty hard to see it. Application was smooth, as with all LA Girl polishes I"ve tried so far. Opaque in two coats.

Another thing I've noticed about LA Girl polishes: the wear isn't great. I've had minor chipping by the second day and major chipping after three days. Isn't too much of a problem; just a little annoying.


So summer weather is FINALLY here after my endless complaining, and I am absolutely loving it!! Yesterday after my last final I had a pool day with a bunch of friends, and I spent today having lunch with a another friend and doing a little shopping (got two super cute watches! :D). I am finally relaxing after two super-stressful months, and both my body and brain are thanking me :).


Little thing to smile for today: summer!!! :D
<3 Ruthe

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on finally entering summer! Hope you have lots of fun!

    This is a pretty color, but, yeah, it looks prettier in the bottle. I wonder if LA Girl Punk would be like that. I hope not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Thanks! Summer's been pretty relaxing so far :)

    I know, Groupie was disappointing. I really really really hope Punk won't be like that either!! I can't wait to see swatches from your haul! :D

    ReplyDelete