Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Revlon Copper Penny

Purple is a pretty color; I get it. I know that tons of people out there love love love purple, but I really just don't like it. Purple-lovers, please don't shoot me.

I always trick myself into thinking I like purple. Whether it's clothes, shoes, jewelry, or (of course) nail polish, I convince myself to give purple a chance time and time again, only to find that, again, it isn't for me. I was reminded of this one again with LA Girl Groupie. (Wow that was a lot of agains...) Pretty as it may be, I got tired of it after...well the first day. After two more, I had to change my polish, which is basically the point of this rant. What I'm trying to get to is what was on my nails a few days ago, Revlon Copper Penny:





Oh beautiful reflective *metallic-ness*!! In the sun, this polish is seriously blinding. If I stare at it for too long, I actually get an afterimage (that little greenish or reddish spot you see after staring at the sun).

Revlon Copper Penny is a metallic copper consisting of silver and copper *metallic particles* (don't know what I should call them...shimmer? glitter??). Copper Penny is one of the polishes from Revlon's Heavenly Metal Collection. Like I mentioned above, this polish is super super metallic and reflective and, therefore, awesome!! Opaque in two coats. Copper Penny went on pretty smooth, but I did get some bubbling. Again, I'm torn on Revlon polishes. They're pretty long-lasting overall, but the slow dry time and either too-thick or too-thin formula that I often encounter with Revlon polishes is disappointing.


Little thing to smile for today: the combination of summer sun and blindingly metallic nails!! :D
<3 Ruthe

4 comments:

  1. Whoa. Give me a second while I go put on my shades. Awesome swatches, Ruthe. You really captured the reflective quality of this nail polish.

    It looks really pretty on you. I've noticed that you like to wear golds and bronzy colors - really complementary to your skin tone. :)

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. GASP! Not a crazy fan of purple? Hehehe...that's okay. This time! :P Hehehe!

    I totally understand how you feel about Revlon polishes. I don't really buy them anymore because I always have issues with their formulas - take forever to dry and as you mentioned, it's either too thick or too thin. It has to take a truly unique color to get me to buy a Revlon these days.

    This one looks great on you! Made me laugh when I read that it gave you an afterimage! :P
    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SwatchAndLearn
    Thanks Fiona! I was afraid this polish would blind my camera too, lol.

    I really like metallics overall, but I seem to be drawn to warmer metallic shades. Plus, summer puts me into a bronze/gold mood :P. I've never been sure if they actually looked good on me, but I just liked how flashy metallics are! ;) But thank you for the compliment :D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SwatchAndLearn
    Thanks Mary! Haha it made me laugh to know that it made you laugh ;)

    LOL, I just have an image of you coming after me with purple nails, haha!!

    I'm glad you know what I mean about Revlon polishes. Like you, I don't buy Revlons anymore unless it's a color I really love. In the past, I used to buy Revlon polishes often; now I regret having all these polishes with finicky formulas.

    ReplyDelete