Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sally Hansen Pink Sapphire + Watermelon Nail Art! :)

Hey people! I've been in a fun, happy, skip-around-in-a-field-of-daisies mood the last week-ish because it's summer break and it's finally sunny and warm!! (In case you haven't noticed from my weather rants, I LOVE warm weather!) Of course I still have a ton to do, but I'm ignoring all that for now ;).

This summer-high put me in a mood for pink nails. After I did my nails, of course, I was reminded why I don't like most pink polishes. Let's take a look:





The actual color is way less bright than shown in the pictures. It's more of a warm, light, peachy-rose pink. Wow, great color description, right? Anyways there's gonna be a more color-accurate picture later in this post.

Sally Hansen Pink Sapphire is a light pink with pink and silver shimmer. Application was nice and smooth. Opaque in two coats, but I did three to be safe.

So it's not that I think this color is ugly on me (or just in general), but it's just that Pink Sapphire is so BORING! Maybe it's because I don't like pink a whole lot, but I was already bored with this color on the first day! I was lazy so I didn't want to redo my nails, so I decided to do some nail art. I followed Mary's Watermelon Nails Tutorial on Swatch and Learn, but obviously I used pink instead of red. Here's the (messy) result:



Please ignore the horrible cuticles and the shriveled-up looking nail on the index finger. The tip has a bunch of marks on it from my hair. Don't ask...


This is the color-accurate photo I was talking about. I didn't realize that all of my outdoor photos made the pink look super bright until I looked at them on the computer, so I just took this quick indoor photo. It's slightly blurry, but the color's dead-on.


I really need to work on taking double-hand pictures. The position of my hands in this picture just look...awkward. And as always, click on the pictures to enlarge.

Obviously, I did a really messy job doing these, but I think the overall look is super cute! However, I prefer Mary's original look because 1) it's just done so much better and 2) I like the red better than pink. All that aside, I absolutely love this design for summer! And after all, watermelon is my favorite fruit! :D

And a last random note: I totally just realized that I unconsciously coordinated my accessories today to match my watermelon nails! All pink and green:


I was carrying a pink wristlet and wearing green flip flops and my neon green jelly-band watch. And of course, I was chewing watermelon gum :).


Little thing to smile for today: watermelon, of course!! :D
<3 Ruthe

4 comments:

  1. Awww. This looks so, so cute! I love the little seeds. Worst part to eat on a watermelon, but cutest on the nails!

    The light pearly pink is really pretty! I don't really like the color in the sun - it's too lollipop pink for me.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Thanks Fiona! I totally didn't realize that I was supposed to do more seeds until I looked on Mary's post! Lol but yeah I think the seeds really make it look like a watermelon, not just pink/white/green stripes, haha :P.

    The sun definitely messed up the pink color in the pictures. If the polish was actually that bright of a pink, I don't think I would wear it, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ruthe! :D

    I think you did a great job on the watermelon nail art! Thanks for the compliments, but I actually think yours turned out so much better than mine - much neater and using pink instead of red makes it look less Christmasy. Heh...the grass is always greener on the other side.

    - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. @SwatchAndLearn
    Thanks Mary! I guess the grass IS always greener on the other side, because I still prefer yours! I still think mine look too stripey :P. And yours don't look Christmasy at all! I think the red makes it more delicious-looking, lol ;D!

    ReplyDelete