Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, July 9, 2011

All That Glitters is Gold

Or not...I think the saying is actually "All that glitters is not gold." But do you remember that lyric from that song in Shrek (the first one) from a long time ago?? I think its "All Star" by Smash Mouth or something...anyways.

Because I got tip wear/chipping on my blue mani (that I am STILL in love with ;D), I decided to cover it up with some glitter. Gradient glitter, that is:









As always, click on the pictures to enlarge.
I could NOT for the life of me capture the awesome effect of this mani! My camera kept making it look tacky, not to mention the annoying reflection I kept getting, ugh.

Covergirl Gold Rush is a strongly yellow-leaning gold glitter. It's not very dense, but it's definitely not sparse either.

To get the gradient glitter look, I first put a glob of glitter polish on the tip of the nail. Then, still using the nail polish brush (not a separate brush, just the brush in the bottle), I spread the glitter up the nail a bit. After that, I used a separate, clean nail art brush to spread the glitter up even more. Because Gold Rush isn't a super dense glitter, I went over the tip area about five or six times to get opacity.

I totally love this look! I smile whenever I look at my bright and blingy nails, lol! Having glitter just at the tips of my nails makes me feel really special and gives me more confidence, weirdly. What can I say, awesome manicures are therapeutic! :D


Little thing to smile for today: nail-tip bling!! :D
<3 Ruthe

(P.S. Here is the song I was talking about!!


Remember now?)

2 comments:

  1. This. Is. Awesome. Ruthe!

    I love it. It's gorgeous; plus, it's a quick and easy way to extend the wear of a nail color that you love. You did an awesome job with this one!

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Aww thanks Fiona!! :D I did like that doing this was not only glitter-tastic but also practical. Too bad it's going to be a pain in the butt to take off! Oh well :P

    ReplyDelete