Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Confetti Purple Reigns

Again, I have been drawn to purple. I am such a hypocrite, though this time I'm not disliking the color...yet:




Confetti Purple Reigns is a medium-dark red-leaning plum creme. However, the color changes in certain lights. Sometimes it looks like a flat raisin shade (ew); other times it even looks like a vampy wine. I guess you could say it becomes more red-leaning in non-outdoor light. I like this polish the most when it looks like it does in the pictures: a shiny, juicy plum purple. The polish was really pigmented; easily opaque in two coats, though you could probably get away with one careful, thick coat.

I totally did not expect to like this color as much as I do. Don't get me wrong; I don't love it, but I'm not completely bored of it or disliking it as much as I usually would a purple by now. Maybe I should just look into wearing purple cremes; I think it's the ridiculous glossiness that's making me like this polish...


Little thing to smile for today: super glossy nails!! :D
<3 Ruthe

2 comments:

  1. Purples, purples, rah, rah, rah!

    I'm glad you're starting to lean toward purples more, Ruthe! :)

    In the picture, it looks like it has a blue shine to it. Is it like that in real life?

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Lol I think I'm more *inching* toward purples than *leaning* ;P.

    The blue shine is just a reflection of the sky; I took the pictures outside (wait, you were talking about that blue shine, right?). I really need to work on getting less reflective pictures! In real life, Purple Reign is basically just a straight-forward plummy purple.

    ReplyDelete