Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Maybelline Mystery Red...

After the crackle disaster, I wanted to go back to something simple and classic, so I went with red. I always think red is an underrated nail color. People always say it's really old-school and boring, but I think red is always beautiful, classic, and elegant.

The red I chose was a Maybelline Express Finish polish that I got way back when, and the sticker with the name has fallen off ages ago, so I wasn't sure what the name of this polish is. I remembered it being something like Hawaii Red, but I Googled it and couldn't find anything. This is a long shot, but if someone randomly happens knows the color of this polish, please be a darling and let me know! :)





Lately, my pictures, including these, have been really bad, sorry. They really haven't been representing each polish well.

Maybelline ___ Red is a basic medium-dark blue-based red with shimmer. It's less warm than shown in the pictures. Like all Maybelline Express Finish polishes, each coat went on really smooth. Opaque in two coats, but I did three because I thought the color would *pop* more. It didn't.

I'm a few days behind on my posting; I've added some nail art to this mani since taking the photos and I am SO loving it!! I'll be putting up the post soon :D.


Little thing to smile for today: going back to the classics :)
<3 Ruthe

2 comments:

  1. This is a pretty color, but I'm not in love with it. I love reds; I don't think they're boring at all! But I'm picky because I only like the slightly dark and somewhat vampy reds. :P

    I hope you find out the name of this. Maybe it's just me, but I'd get frustrated not knowing. LOL

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SwatchAndLearn
    Yeah, I'm not too crazy about this color either...I agree with you; vampy reds definitely look better! More of a mysterious-elegant-sexy vibe, lol ;P. I'm glad to know not everyone thinks red is boring :D. And yes, I'm almost going crazy from not knowing the name :P! I think I'm going to try Googling some more, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete