Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Goodbye, Adiós , Au revoir, Adieu...

I apologize for my recent absence from blogging (again), but I have an announcement to make:

I have decided to discontinue my blogging. I find that maintaining smile for the little things has become more of a burden than a hobby. Of course, this doesn't mean that I will detach myself from the beauty blogosphere, only that I will no longer be contributing to it. These last eight-ish months of blogging has been an interesting and fun experience. However, I've found that my passion for blogging has slowly lessened over the past few months.

I have been contemplating whether or not to stop blogging for quite a long time, the whole summer, actually. I came to my final decision today as I realized that I no longer have time have time for blogging.  These past few weeks, I have been unable to blog at all because I've been swamped with last-minute work as well as the start of classes. Last semester, I could afford to spend some extra time focusing on blogging, but this semester is already looking different; it's only the start of the semester and I am already super busy! Today is the first day I've had free time since...well, my last post. I can already tell I will barely have any free time this year, so I won't have time to properly commit to this blog.

Along with having no time, the other main reason for this decision is that I feel that I have failed my readers in keeping up with the latest products and trends. I do tend to be lazy with these things, seeing as I personally don't have a huge interest in following the latest trends, whether it be makeup, clothes, or even music. This is my personal preference, but I feel that it's unfair to my readers that they must endure the disadvantages of it.

Another (smaller) reason for my decision is that I feel that I have moved away from the message of this blog. I may be trying to communicate the message of "enjoy the little things in life" but I find that I am no longer doing so myself. Instead of enjoying nail polish the way I used to, I now think of it as a duty to my blog and my readers.

I do and always will support blogging, but I now know that it just isn't for me. My blog can not compare to the multitude of amazing blogs out there that are maintained by dedicated bloggers who put up posts constantly and consistently.

I thorougly enjoyed the short time I spent blogging, and I want to thank my amazing readers; I love all of you guys! It was great knowing that there were people out there actually reading this blog, and this is the thought that motivated me to keep posting. I especially want to thank Tammy of Lazy Beautiful and Fiona, previously of Swatch and Learn. You guys were and still are SO supportive and helpful. I am really inspired by both of you, and I hope we will continue to stay in touch.
Tammy is an amazing blogger; I highly recommend checking out her blog Lazy Beautiful! I also recommend checking out Swatch and Learn; though Fiona no longer contributes to it, her former blogging partner Mary is still posting and keeping it up.

I will always be an avid fan of beauty, makeup, and nail polish, but I just won't be blogging about it. I have not decided whether or not I will eventually start blogging again, but I know that it won't be anytime near in the future. In the slight possibility that I will resume blogging, however, I am not going to delete smile for the little things.

So again, thank you to all my readers; I wish the best to all of you! Please contact me if you have a question, need help, or even just want to chat. My email is ruthe_ee@yahoo.com and I am Ruthe_H on Twitter. You can also find me on Facebook; send me a Tweet or email and I'll give you my info. And always remember, as it always says at the top of this blog, "Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful."

Enjoy life, love yourself, and as always, smile for the little things.

6 comments:

  1. I understand your reasons for no longer wanting to blog anymore. But know that I appreciated the time you took to write your posts, take photos, and share your opinions with us. :)

    Let's keep in touch, and I hope that you'll find many little things that continually make you smile. :D

    P.S. Thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Swatch And Learn
    Thank you so much, Mary. Your comment really means a lot to me. :) You also have been so supportive through my whole blogging experience; I'm so glad I met you! :D

    And yes, we will definitely stay in touch, Twitter-buddy!! ;D

    And you're welcome; your amazing blog definitely deserves to be checked out! You're such a great blogger, constantly putting up such great reviews and tutorials; everything I read on Swatch and Learn is so helpful! Know that I admire and appreciate YOU for the time you spend writing each post and for the amount of detail you put in each one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I will miss your pretty nails...(you have fabulous nail beds ;)

    Maybe go on hiatus and think about coming back in the future? I think that if you blog about nails, it is easy to start looking at it as a chore, but I find not putting pressure or setting high expectations and demands for myself (Such as, "I MUST blog 'X' many times a week" for example) has helped me to continue enjoying it. Do I have thousands of followers? No, but the ones I have I love :) I look at it more like a catalog for my nail and makeup history. And you owe no one an explanation for being "gone" or anything like that....just write when you feel like it. I wish you the very best of luck in whatever you do in the future!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ruthe,

    Having made a similar decision, I really do understand your decision. Your blog was lovely, with great pictures and writing, but when it becomes a chore or something you feel you are doing for others, it is not worth continuing if you don't feel it is right for you. I will keep in touch on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Maribeth (Obsessive Cosmetic Hoarders Unite!)
    Aww Maribeth you are too sweet!! Thanks you so much, for both the compliment and the (quite inspirational) advice. And I will consider blogging again in the future. Thanks so much for your support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Melli
    Thanks so much Melli! I appreciate your understanding and support. I was sorry to see the Permanent Break on Nail-Anon; your blog was wonderful too! But I completely identified with you when I read that you could now spend more time doing other things. And yes, we will keep in touch! :D

    ReplyDelete