Greeting

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Santa Barbara + Summer Haul

*Warning: long, pic-heavy post!*

I'm back from Santa Barbara! The trip was really fun and relaxing, but I'm really glad to be back home.

Here's some pics of the Pier (Stern's Wharf) and the beach:





In a nutshell, the trip consisted of seeing the sights, hanging on the beach, boogie boarding in the ocean, eating at some great restaurants, and, of course, SHOPPING!! Mostly, I bought a ton of clothes, but I also got some beauty stuff. My hopes of swatch pictures on the beach were destroyed when my nails kept breaking with each and every day that passed. It was SO frustrating!! Seriously, my nails right now are the shortest they've been in this year! *Cry* So I'm going to focus on letting them rest and grow back for the time being, which means not doing my nails for awhile :(.

I decided to combine all the stuff I bought in Santa Barbara with some stuff that I bought in the last few months to compile a big summer haul. First up is the pre-Santa Barbara stuff:


Sephora Brand Mineral Foundation in Medium - Beige
I'm not exactly sure how well this foundation will work, but I won't know if I don't try it, right? Plus this was super cheap because it was on sale :).


Tokidoki Prisma Lip Glosses

Ninja Dog (left) and Monkey Pirate (right)
Yes, I realize I have a few of these already...


Sephora Brand Lip Glosses

Gold & Glow (top) and Sweet Nectar (bottom)

Hot Coral (top) and Bronze Beauty (bottom)

Flushed (top) and Purple Reign (bottom)

Blue Waters (top) and Limey (bottom)
Sephora has such a wide range of lip gloss colors, it was sort of hard to choose...but it's okay since they were on sale, right??


Liplicious Lip Glosses from left: Apple Mojito, Limeade, If the Tiara Fits (pineapple), and Princess in Training (orange)


Bath and Body Works Brown Sugar & Fig Body Lotion


Victoria's Secret Body Lotion and Fragrance Mists from left: Drenched in Pink Cool & Carefree Body Lotion, Pink With a Splash Charming & Fun Body Mist, and Good Day Sunshine Fragrance Mist

Victoria's Secret Secret Garden Body Lotions from left: Pure Seduction, Strawberries and Champagne, Endless Love, Island Waters, and Island Breeze

Victoria's Secret Secret Garden Body Lotions from left: Lost in Fantasy, Mango Temptation, Wild Scarlet, Ravishing Love, and Ravishing Love Body Butter
Yeah...I really get sucked into sales...


And here's the stuff I got in Santa Barbara:


L'occitane Lavender Hand Cream
I absolutely love L'occitane! Their products are so finely made and smell so amazing and pure, it justifies the fairly high price tag. My mom was actually the one to turn me on to the brand; she is obsessed with their shea and lavender products!


Lush Twilight Bath Bomb
So I visited Lush for the first time while I was in Santa Barbara (way overdue, I know!) and was completely overwhelmed by all of their amazing products!! I ended up just picking up a few amazing-smelling bath bombs (I've heard some great things about these!) but I totally regret not getting a Sunnyside Bubble Bar too, ugh! Well, that's reason enough to head back to Lush, right? ;)

Anyways so Lush describes Twilight's scent as containing: lavender, tonka, ylang ylang, and ovaltine

Lush Honey Bee Bath Bomb
 Honey Bee: honey, caramel

Lush Space Girl Bath Bomb
 Space Girl: blackcurrant, grapefruit


Palladio Nail Treatments from left: Flexi-Strong Ridge Filler, Moisture Surge Nail Repair, and Green Tea Nail Fortifier
When I saw a Sally Beauty Supply in Santa Barbara, I KNEW I had to go in and get some treatments for my poor nails. For the past few days, I've been using the Moisture Surge Nail Repair. I've been applying one coat every day (today is the fourth day), and tomorrow I'll take it all off and start over on bare nails. This method was introduced to me by one of the sales associates in Sally Beauty, and as this is my first time using a nail treatment, I decided to follow it. Is there an alternate or better way to use nail treatments? If you use nail treatments a different way, please tell me! :)


China Glaze Celtic Sun (left) and Dorothy Who? (right)
And while I was in Sally Beauty Supply, I had to pick up a few more polishes, right? ;)

Celtic sun is AMAZING!! The color is truly neon yellow, like the color of a new yellow highlighter!! I can't wait to use this! :D And of course Dorothy Who? is gorgeous too; it's blue and glittery, what more can you ask for?? ;D


LA Girl Disco Brites polishes from left: Dance Studio, Funkadelic, Turntable, Can U Dig It?, and Strobe Light
I actually found a clothing store in Santa Barbara that also sold some LA Girl polishes and I got SO excited! But I ended up just getting a few more of their black light nail polishes. I still have yet to try out the black light effect!


So that's the end of my summer haul. I'll be trying out my new stuff after my nails get their rest and start growing out. I'm especially looking forward to my new neon nail polish! :D

On a totally random note, did anyone else love the Lucille Ball Google Doodle from earlier today?? So cute!


Little thing to smile for today: home sweet home! :D
<3 Ruthe

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ruthe!

    Looks like you got a lot of great things and had a wonderful time!

    I'm curious about the L.A. Girl Disco polish, Strobe Light. It looks clear. Is it a top coat that makes any polish glow under a black light?

    The blue and green glosses from Sephora look really cool! I wish more companies would put out glosses in these funky colours...even if they don't actually go on opaquely.

    Have you tried out the stuff you bought from Lush? I've always been curious about their bath bombs. Did you like them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Swatch And Learn
    Hey Mary!

    I'm pretty sure Strobe Light is a top coat that makes any polish glow under a black light. I'm not sure how well it will work or even if it'll work at all since I have yet to try it; I still need to find some local place that has black light!! I actually bought Strobe Light because Fiona got it in a Haul of Shame awhile back, lol.

    The funky colors are definitely what drew me to them! I mean green and blue lip gloss?!? Awesomeness! :D

    No, I haven't tried my Lush stuff yet...hehe...I haven't found time to take a bath yet. I feel so bad slacking on trying new products, ah!! :P

    ReplyDelete